The Banjo Set
A collection of our favourite Banjo Paterson verse and candles.
Australia’s most-loved bush poet, Banjo Paterson, is the writer who in many ways defined what it was to be Australian.
This complete collection of his verse shows the bush balladeer at his very best with favourites such as ‘A Bush Christening’, ‘The Man from Ironbark’, ‘Clancy of the Overflow’ and the immortal ‘The Man from Snowy River’.
Read by Southern Wild Co scented candlelight to evoke the wild beauty
of the Australian landscape.
Includes a gift edition of the Complete Poems of Banjo Paterson, Southern Wild Co’s first three Signature candles and a Gold Wick Trimmer to keep your candles burning at their finest.
|Our Place||Bush Blossoms & Sun-dried paddocks|
|Ocean Isle||Citrus / Sea Salt / Sandalwood|
|Southern Sky||Cinnamon / Amber / Oakmoss|
- 3 x 300g / 10oz soy wax
- 100% cotton wicks
- Approx. 60+hr burn time each
- Complete Poems Of Banjo Paterson book
- Gold Wick Trimmer
- Reuseable drawstring canvas bag.
Our candles come with an important safety label on the base of our glassware and tube packaging to ensure you are well informed on the correct and sensible use of our products. Please take a moment to read through this to equip yourself with candle safety best practices.
In addition to standard safety guidelines on the safety label, please read the helpful advice below to remember when using our candles:
- On your first burn, light your candle for at least three hours. This will allow an even melt across the surface of the candle and will avoid tunnelling. Tunnelling results in a ‘tunnel’ effect running down the centre of your candle.
- Ensure the wick is kept trimmed to approximately 5mm in length to control the flame height and burn time. Trimming ensures that the candle will burn evenly, but also helps ensure you will get a nice clean and even burn throughout the lifetime of your candle. Looking after your wick is essential and will pro-long the life of your candle. Our Gold Wick Trimmer is the perfect accessory and have been designed to cleanly cut your wick every time.
- To finish your burn, simply extinguish the flame by blowing gently or using a candle extinguisher or cloche. For our travel tin candles, we recommend using the lid to extinguish the flame. This prevents any chance of the melted wax from spilling.
- Keep your candle free dust by using the lid from the tube packaging or under a Southern Wild Co glass cloche.
- Avoid burning candles in draughty areas. This encourages an even burn and maximises your candles lifetime.
- Discontinue use of your candle once wax is 10mm from the bottom. This will prevent any heat damage and cracking of glass.
- Always burn your candle on a flat and stable surface.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of children or pets.