The Signature Collection
An Australian summer afternoon in the bush
Inspired by Dorothea Mackellar’s iconic poem My Country and Lithgow artist, Graham Gercken’s painting, Kanimbla Valley No.3, Our Place is the promise of long, lazy days with golden views taken from the refuge of a cool, shady verandah; the scent of bush blossoms carried on a warm breeze.
Dry tobacco and leather combine with bright florals and spicy clove bud to evoke the warmth of an Australian summer afternoon in the bush.
Our candles are carefully packaged in beautiful, re-useable canvas bags with matching scented bookmarks for tucking into your reading matter. If you would prefer not to receive extra packaging, leave us a note at checkout.
|SCENT||Sundried Paddocks / Bush Blossom|
|ARTIST||Kanimbla Valley No.3, Graham Gercken|
|POEM||My Country, Dorothea Mackellar|
- 60g / 2oz soy wax blend
- 100% cotton wick
- 18hr burn time
Our candles come with an important safety label on the base of our glassware and tube packaging to ensure you are well informed on the correct and sensible use of our products. Please take a moment to read through this to equip yourself with candle safety best practices.
In addition to standard safety guidelines on the safety label, please read the helpful advice below to remember when using our candles:
- On your first burn, light your candle for at least three hours. This will allow an even melt across the surface of the candle and will avoid tunnelling. Tunnelling results in a ‘tunnel’ effect running down the centre of your candle.
- Ensure the wick is kept trimmed to approximately 5mm in length to control the flame height and burn time. Trimming ensures that the candle will burn evenly, but also helps ensure you will get a nice clean and even burn throughout the lifetime of your candle. Looking after your wick is essential and will pro-long the life of your candle. Our Gold Wick Trimmer is the perfect accessory and have been designed to cleanly cut your wick every time.
- To finish your burn, simply extinguish the flame by blowing gently or using a candle extinguisher or cloche. For our travel tin candles, we recommend using the lid to extinguish the flame. This prevents any chance of the melted wax from spilling.
- Keep your candle free dust by using the lid from the tube packaging or under a Southern Wild Co glass cloche.
- Avoid burning candles in draughty areas. This encourages an even burn and maximises your candles lifetime.
- Discontinue use of your candle once wax is 10mm from the bottom. This will prevent any heat damage and cracking of glass.
- Always burn your candle on a flat and stable surface.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of children or pets.