Terra Australis Set
A collection of our favourite poems and Ocean Isle Candle
A collection of Australian poetry ranging from the early nineteenth century of Francis Macnamara and Charles Harpur, through the later years of CJ Dennis and Henry Lawson, right up to the present day of Gig Ryan, David Malouf, Stephen McInerney and Kate Jennings. The preoccupations of the different eras are given a full airing – convicts and stockriders, the challenges of drought and war, the rivalry between Melbourne and Sydney, the divide between the city and the bush, and the different approaches of generations X, Y and Z.
The ‘smaller’ issues have their outing too: love, barbecues, giraffes, sky writing and pumpkins so big they don’t seem real. For anyone curious about what makes Australians who they are, this collection is a must-have. Illustrated throughout with etchings by Bridget Farmer, this book should be in every Australian home.
Paired with our Ocean Isle candle and a Gold Wick Trimmer to keep your candles burning at their finest, read by Southern Wild Co scented candlelight to evoke the wild beauty of the Australian landscape.
|SCENT||Citrus / Sea Salt / Sandalwood|
|ARTIST||The Southern Wake, Allira Henderson|
|POEM||Terra Australis, James McAuley|
- 1 x 300g / 10oz soy wax
- 100% cotton wicks
- Approx. 60+hr burn time
- 100 Australian Poems You Need To Know, published by Hardie Grant Books, 248 pages, 155 x 240mm, hardback
- Gold Wick Trimmer
- Reuseable drawstring canvas bag.
Our candles come with an important safety label on the base of our glassware and tube packaging to ensure you are well informed on the correct and sensible use of our products. Please take a moment to read through this to equip yourself with candle safety best practices.
In addition to standard safety guidelines on the safety label, please read the helpful advice below to remember when using our candles:
- On your first burn, light your candle for at least three hours. This will allow an even melt across the surface of the candle and will avoid tunnelling. Tunnelling results in a ‘tunnel’ effect running down the centre of your candle.
- Ensure the wick is kept trimmed to approximately 5mm in length to control the flame height and burn time. Trimming ensures that the candle will burn evenly, but also helps ensure you will get a nice clean and even burn throughout the lifetime of your candle. Looking after your wick is essential and will pro-long the life of your candle. Our Gold Wick Trimmer is the perfect accessory and have been designed to cleanly cut your wick every time.
- To finish your burn, simply extinguish the flame by blowing gently or using a candle extinguisher or cloche. For our travel tin candles, we recommend using the lid to extinguish the flame. This prevents any chance of the melted wax from spilling.
- Keep your candle free dust by using the lid from the tube packaging or under a Southern Wild Co glass cloche.
- Avoid burning candles in draughty areas. This encourages an even burn and maximises your candles lifetime.
- Discontinue use of your candle once wax is 10mm from the bottom. This will prevent any heat damage and cracking of glass.
- Always burn your candle on a flat and stable surface.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of children or pets.