To ensure you receive the most out of your candle, we recommend the following care:
- On your first burn, light your candle for at least three hours. This will allow an even melt across the surface of the candle and will avoid tunnelling. Tunnelling results in a ‘tunnel’ effect running down the centre of your candle.
- To finish your burn, simply extinguish the flame by blowing gently or using a candle extinguisher or cloche. For our travel tin candles, we recommend using the lid to extinguish the flame. This prevents any chance of the melted wax from spilling.
- Before or after use, always trim the wick of your candle to a length of 5mm. This will stop the flame from becoming too big and will give you a smoke-free and even burn.
- Looking after your wick is essential and will pro-long the life of your candle. Our Gold Wick Trimmer is the perfect accessory and have been designed to cleanly cut your wick every time.
- Keep your candle clean by storing it back in its beautiful packaging or under a Southern Wild Co glass cloche.
- Discontinue use of your candle once wax is 10mm from the bottom. This will prevent any heat damage and cracking of glass.
- Always burn your candle on a flat and stable surface.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within reach of children or pets.